Beach tents for babies and sun canopies to keep all your family safe on the beach…
Choosing the right baby beach tent is important, so read our buyer’s guide for helpful tips on what to look for when buying a sun canopy for a baby. However, for those in a rush, here are our five best baby beach tents & sun shelters for toddlers.
- Pop Up Design & Portability: Pops up and folds down in seconds, no assembly required. Ultra-lightweight construction allows for easy transportation with included carrying bag. Weighing just 4.2 pounds and folds down to a travel size of 29.5" L x 29.5"W x 1.6" H.
- Dark Shelter Technology: Coated with Dark Shelter coating, this Instant Shader not only effectively blocks 97.5% of UVA and UVB rays (UPF 50+) but also eliminates 90% of direct sunlight for maximum sun protection. It creates an oasis on the beach for your whole family.
- 1 MINUTE (OR LESS!) SETUP TIME. Setting up this tent couldn’t be any faster or easier! In case you can’t figure it out, we’ve sewed step-by-step instructions inside the carry bag
- UV SUN PROTECTION: The beach tent is lined with a UPF 50+ UV protective material to provide you and your family with much needed protection from the sun’s strong UV rays. Also great for providing that much needed shade & shelter for your baby, kids and pets. This pop-up tent is available in blue, pink and orange.
- Mini-Pool: Designed specially for the children under 3 years old. At the bottom of the tent, we have a mini pool so that we can let the baby play in it instead of going to the sea, giving parents more time to enjoy the beach trip.And it also can be used in the house,garden or parks.
Click here for our buyer’s guide to find a great baby beach tent .
Before we go into our in-depth reviews of our best baby beach tents, here are quick links to our other picnic essentials. If you have all these, you are sure of the perfect picnic!
- Best Electric Cool Boxes
- Top Cool Bag Rucksacks
- Soft Picnic Blankets
- Luxury Picnic Baskets
- Easiest Folding Picnic Tables
- Waterproof Picnic Blankets
- Best Beach Tents
- Top Picnic Flasks
Can you think of another essential picnic item I need to include? If so, drop me a line in the comments.
In-depth reviews of the Best Baby Beach Tents
- Pops up and folds down in seconds; no assembly is required.
- UPF 50+ & Water Repellent
- Double-sided opening for ease!
- Two storage pockets below each window to keep small items organized
- Four deep sand pockets so your tent stays put on the beach!
- Some customers struggle to put this down – it’s a skill! Thankfully my hubby has it, lol
- Launch it on the beach with a one-pull easy system.
- Uses Dark Shade Technology to block 97% of all UVA and UVB rays AND 90% of direct sunlight
- Large mesh windows & double guy outpoints let you enjoy great ventilation and breezes while staying shaded from the sun.
- Tall enough to stand in and large enough for 4/6 people, no problems.
- Integrated sand mat extends outside the tent for extra play/sunbathing area
- four internal pockets to keep things safe
- There are none!
- 1 MIN or less set up a time with the pull system – instructions are sewn into the tent!
- It can be sealed in case of rain or sandstorm (or if you fancy a nap!)
- Can fit three people in or 2 people on beach chairs
- Ultra lightweight and water resistant, with carry case, sand pegs etc
- Four handy internal storage pockets for valuables
- Some customers felt it wasn’t as shaded inside as other models for this though you need a model with Dark shade interior, I think)
- The beach tent is lined with a UPF 50+ UV protective material.
- It weighs just 1KG so you can pack it in a suitcase for travel.
- Fast Set Up & Pack Away
- Wind Proof- allows you to shelter from beach winds & sand pockets and pegs keep the tent grounded.
- Well ventilated & vent is a mesh mozzie screen as well
- No privacy as open door fronted
- The ventilation panel doesn’t cover up, so in case of wind, you might get cold.
- The beach tent is lined with a UPF 50+ UV protective material.
- Give your baby its undercover pool play area.
- Easy 1 min pop up and put down the tent – no instructions or tent poles etc.
- Plenty of ventilation so it doesn’t get too hot in the tent
- The back screen has to roll down the cover for more shade and to sleep in the tent.
- Small for only the baby or toddler, so if you need more shade, that means more tents.
Guide to buying the best baby beach tent
You don’t just want to rush out and buy the first beach tent you see; you want to be as thoughtful as you would be buying any other baby safety equipment.
You want to think about the safety and protection this sun tent will offer your babies and toddlers. So here are a few questions to consider when buying the best baby beach tent.
What sun protection does this beach tent for a baby give?
Most beach tents offer 50 UV protection (a filter protecting you from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays) or above. This kind of UV baby beach tent will still require babies and toddlers to have sun cream on, but it will give you a place of shade for nap times and safe sun play.
Ideally, you want to look for a UV baby beach tent or sun canopy made from the highest UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) material, designed to block the sun’s rays you can find! And be sure to get one enclosed on all sides (no sneaky sun rays coming in), but that has ventilation, as even the best baby beach tent can heat up quickly!
Is this baby sun tent easy to put up?
You arrive at the beach, hands full, kids running amok, and you need baby shade urgently. So you want a baby sun tent that’s easy to put up, one-handedly if possible! In these cases, we always advise a pop-up beach tent for the baby.
You also want it to be easy to pack away and pack down, small enough to fit in your beach trolley and car. I don’t know about you, but it never seems to fit back in the original bag whenever we pack away our camping tent. However, with our Colman large sun tent plus sun shade curtains, it pops down back into its bag easily!
How durable and strong is this baby sun tent?
It can get fairly blowy at the beach (we all know the UK weather!), so you need a tent that can withstand a strong breeze, which is blown flat or blown away.
Quality UV baby beach tents come with stakes for the sand and pockets in the tent you can fill with sand to keep them grounded. Your more expensive beach tents will be built to withstand more robust breezes and last longer. See buying a baby’s beach tent as an investment piece and get the best quality beach tent.
What size beach tent for the baby do you need?
There are many size options of beach tents and sun canopies, from the individual baby beach tent with a mini pool to a full family sun tent. What size you get depends on your needs as beachgoers.
We prefer a large family beach tent for everyone, including the baby, so we can get there to nap, eat, and play with the baby. I found that whilst the baby beach tent was a great idea, we had no room to join them there.
That’s why in our recommendations for the best baby beach tents, you will see the larger family-sized beach tents feature heavily.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baby Beach Tents
What is the best beach tent for babies?
You want to look for a beach tent with a UPF 50+ UV protective material lining. For my children, we prefer to go all out and get the Dark Lining for increased protection from sunlight that you can get in the Easthills Outdoor Beach Tent.
Also, consider whether you want a tent to breastfeed in (so need privacy) or have the baby sleep in and be there with them – in that case, you want something like the Easthills Outdoor Instant Shade Beach Tent.
The main thing I considered when finding the best baby beach tent was the SPF factor, the ventilation as you don’t want to cook the baby! And the space so the family could be in with the baby playing or relaxing.
Read our buyer’s guide for more information on what to look for in the best baby beach tents.
Are beach tents safe for babies?
I would say yes, sure, it’s for shade and to protect your baby from the sun and overheating. However, you must always be present, minding the baby, for it to be safe!
A baby beach tent is a great investment for fun days at the beach, with or without the pool bit. Sure, you can make shade for your baby like a towel draped over a chair – but that’s not a great solution, and how cheap are you? Taking the best baby beach tent to the beach or just for the garden makes things easier. If you plan to spend lots of time outdoors this summer, a baby beach tent or a larger sun canopy tent for the whole family is a worthy buy!
Have you used any baby beach tents or sun canopies for toddlers? Then please leave your review in the comments box below. Is your favourite beach tent not on the list? Be sure to let me know in the comments below so I can review it.
Last update on 2023-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.