I LOVE COOKING ON GAS! BBQ purists they say you cant beat cooking on a charcoal bbq, I beg to differ! For easy, speed and simplicity I prefer the best gas bbq everytime. With Charcoal BBQs you will be forever faffing about making sure the coals are right temp, spread evenly etc. however the hooded Gas BBQs offer us the
With a gas burner bbq those charcoal burgers will be a thing of the past! Gas BBQs and Duel Fuel BBQs make it so much harder to burn the food. You just pop on the gas, warm it up and pop on the food, close the hood and VOILA!
Another plus of the Gas BBQs (i love the Weber BBQs or Outbacker Ranges) is you can cook on these BBQs all year round with ease. We have our BBQ in a covered area and that means it’s safe weather wise.
So let’s review our favourite Gas BBQs so you can get ready for some Spring/summer of fun with friends and family. We have reviewed some great budget gas BBQ all the way up to our top of the range 4 burner family-sized grills.
Not got time for reviews? You can see the 10 best Gas BBQ with clickable buy links below
- Patented Charcoal Tray - ensures less flare-ups and unform heat for cooked, tastely food.
- Stainless Steel Burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- High quality and powerful: Four high-performance stainless steel tube burners (12.8 kW)
- Endless cooking options: Large two part enamelled cast iron Grid and Griddle (78 x 45 cm), enamelled warming rack, base for Culinary Modular System included (pizza stone, wok or paella pan sold separately)
- High quality & powerful: 3 high-performance cast iron burners (14 kW); grill with reliable Piezo ignition for convenient lighting
- Endless cooking options: Large 2-part enameled stamped steel Grid & Griddle (61 x 46 cm)
- The CosmoGrill 4+1 is the perfect introduction into gas barbecues, featuring a generously sized grilling area to easily cook for up to 10 people at a time. Includes 4 stainless steel burners and a side burner for pan cooking, enabling you to create your whole meal in one go!
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Four stainless steel burners (7.2 kW) and a side burner (2.1 kW) that can be adjusted and ignited individually via Piezo ignition to accommodate cooking a variety of meat and vegetables with different requirements at the same time. The CosmoGrill 4+1 also features a built-in thermostat enabling you to cook to perfection
- 40,800 BTU gas grill with 438 square inches of main grilling area
- 192 square inch warming rack, 12,000 BTU side burner
- One burner system with piezo ignition
- Rotatable flip funnel for direct and indirect grilling
- One stainless steel burner produces enough energy to heat whole cooking area
- Porcelain-enamelled cast-iron cooking grates, and cast aluminium lid and body
- TRU-Infrared Cooking System - cooks food evenly, with less flare-ups to give up to 50% juicier food and uses up to 30% less gas
- Stainless steel burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- Portable gas plancha bbq grill with four stainless steel bbq burners for use in the garden, travel or camping trips.
- Easy to clean barbecue griddle, just wipe down the large surface after use and the drip tray removes any excess liquids.
How to pick the Best Gas BBQ
When looking for the Best Gas BBQ you want to consider a few key points and these are:
- Price – What’s the budget for your Gas BBQ?
- Size – How many people will you be cooking for and what storage space do you have?
- Add ons – think griddles, gas ring burners, side panels etc
How much should I spend on a Gas BBQ?
How much you spend on a Gas BBQ can range from a hundred or so pounds for a hotplate gas BBQ to a thousand for a Multi Burner Family Sized Gas BBQ. How much you spend will depend on your budget and the size of BBQ you need – is it a small portable gas bbq or family grill you want?
One word of advice is see this as an investment piece and buy one from a reputable brand such as Campingaz or Weber where you can. We also recommend a newer brand Char-Broil who are becoming a family favourite BBQ UK wide with their authentic American Style Gas BBQ.
Also check the warranty you get with your Gas BBQ – sure they shouldn’t go wrong but with an investment like this a guarantee is always a good idea. Some of the top BBQ makers like Char-Broil offer a 5 year BBQ Warranty for peces of mind!
People often shop for the right sized BBQ based on how many people they want to cook for. So if you ware like me you imagine cooking for the hoards and buy a 4 burner Gas BBQ that then wont fit in your shed!
So when considering the size of Gas BBQ you want think of where you are going to store the BBQ as well. Also consider the cooking space you have…you need room to cook safely at the BBQ. If you have a small garden maybe a 2 burner or portable gas BBQ is a better option.
Most gas bbqs come with 2 burner, 3 burner or 4 burner options.
Add Ons for your Gas BBQ
Do you want a griddle as part of your Gas BBQ or perhaps a shelf for keeping things warm on?
There are plenty of useful little extras you can get on any size gas BBQ. From retractable work surfaces to give you more cooking space to thermometers in the hood. I am a huge fan of the extra gas ring our our Weber Gas BBQ – it’s brilliant for cooking onions, making sauces or reheating the baked beans on.
It’s always a good idea to look for a deal on your gas BBQ that includes a BBQ cover to protect your investment from the elements. Also some of the higher end BBQs come with cleaning tools.
Also to keep food safe whilst cooking why not check out our range of plastic food containers.
Now whilst we are talking extras you need somewhere to eat the food so check out our best picnic benches here.
Review of 10 Best Gas BBQs
Frequently Asked Questions about Gas BBQs
Most frequent questions and answers
What is the difference between direct and indirect cooking on a gas BBQ?
Direct heat and direct cooking on a gas BBQ means dad (or mum) standing there in the apron and cooking and turning the food! It takes up your time but if you love to be the King of the BBQ then this is how you want to cook!
For me and hubby we are ALL about having a bbq to have fun with guests so we love the indirect cooking feature of a Gas BBQ. Just heat up the BBQ to the temo you need with lid down (watch that in lid temp gauge) then wack on food, shut lid and BOOM go have fun.
Set a clock so you go back for food at right time but with indirect bbq cooking you don’t need to turn food etc as it basically acts as an oven does.
How to clean a Gas BBQ ?
Well i prefer not to ever clean the BBQ but if your burners and base get fat and water from cooking on them they rot. So firstly look for a Gas BBQ thats easy to take apart for cleaning.
I like to heat the bbq and scratch down the grill plates etc with a xxxx. then take them in the house and soak and clean.
For the burners we heat it and hope that’s the fat burnt off! once a month i go wild and jet wash the entire BBQ…yes it can be done and let it dry in the sun. It hasn’t harmed it yet!
And for the fat plate be sure to empty it after each use so you don’t start a fire when cooking!
How to light a BBQ ?
Honestly just get a BBQ with an electric ignition where you can! Safer, cleaner and less likely to end up with you becoming a human fireball.
I know sounds dramatic but people do suffer horrific burns from BBQ lighter fuel accidents. If you are going to light a Gas BBQ by hand (sometimes the electric gas bbq ignition fails) use the long stem matches to avoid burns.
What BBQ Essentials do I need ?
You are going to want a well fitting BBQ Cover – no point buying an expensive Gas BBQ and have it rot in the sunlight and rain! Given the windy UK also make sure it can be tied on…we have had so many blow off!
BBQ cooking tools wise – you want BBQ tongs (avoid the burnt fingers), Spatulas (yes more than one as i always lose them) and a fork to rescue stuff that falls under grill.
Sure if you want to look the the BBQ Daddy (or mummy!) then an apron to but ditch the BBQ chef hat as thats too dorky!
Have we reviewed your Gas BBQ here ¡ do you agree with us on the review? If you have anything to add please add in the comments. Have you a best Gas BBQ to recommend then drop us a line!
Last update on 2021-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API