Discover the Joy of Cooking with a Gas BBQ: The Ultimate Gas Barbecue Experience
Experience the sheer convenience and remarkable efficiency of a gas BBQ! While charcoal BBQ enthusiasts may argue that there’s no substitute for cooking over coals, we wholeheartedly believe that the best gas BBQs offer unmatched ease, speed, and simplicity. Say goodbye to the hassles of evenly maintaining and spreading the perfect coal temperature; modern hooded gas barbecues always provide exceptional results.
A gas barbeque or dual-fuel BBQ makes burnt food a thing of the past. Transform your outdoor cooking experience with a portable gas cooker or a small BBQ – perfect for camping or picnics. Ignite the gas, warm it up, place the food on the grill, close the hood, and voilà – you’re well on your way to a mouthwatering meal!
Gas barbecues, such as those from the Weber BBQs or the Outbacker Ranges, enable you to enjoy delectable grilled dishes all year round. Whether you have a dedicated covered area or a portable gas BBQ, you can effortlessly cook up a feast for your loved ones in any weather.
In this gas BBQ review, we’ll explore our favourite models to help you prepare for delightful spring and summer fun with friends and family. We’ve evaluated various options, from budget-friendly gas BBQs to top-of-the-range, four-burner family-sized grills.
Short on time? No problem! Check out our list of the top 10 gas BBQs, with clickable links to make your purchase a breeze. Get ready to revolutionize your outdoor cooking experience with the perfect gas barbecue!
- Patented Charcoal Tray - ensures less flare-ups and unform heat for cooked, tastely food.
- Stainless Steel Burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- High quality and powerful: Four high-performance stainless steel tube burners (12.8 kW)
- Endless cooking options: Large two part enamelled cast iron Grid and Griddle (78 x 45 cm), enamelled warming rack, base for Culinary Modular System included (pizza stone, wok or paella pan sold separately)
- WEBER GAS GRILL BBQ: Weber grill and char griller with stand and folding side tables. Stylish original design with porcelain-enamelled cast iron cooking grates, aluminium body and removable drip tray
- WEBER GAS BARBEQUE GRILL: Easy to use and clean outdoor cooking stove. Gas BBQ grill oven and Weber smoker with push button ignition, infinite control burner valves and glass-reinforced nylon frame
- High quality & powerful: 3 high-performance cast iron burners (14 kW); grill with reliable Piezo ignition for convenient lighting
- Endless cooking options: Large 2-part enameled stamped steel Grid & Griddle (61 x 46 cm)
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Four stainless steel burners (7.2 kW) and a side burner (2.1 kW) that can be adjusted and ignited individually via Piezo ignition to accommodate cooking a variety of meat and vegetables with different requirements at the same time. The CosmoGrill 4+1 also features a built-in thermostat enabling you to cook to perfection.
- COOKING & MAINTENANCE: Clever V-shaped flame tamers designed to protect the burners from grease, improving the performance and longevity of the barbecue. Included is a full-length warming rack to keep food warm.
- SPIRIT CLASSIC WEBER BBQ GRILL: Premium Spirit Weber grill in stylish original design, 3-burner plus side burner, with porcelain-enamelled flavorizer bars, warming rack and grease management system
- WEBER GAS BARBEQUE GRILL: Easy to use and clean outdoor cooking stove. Gas BBQ grill oven and Weber smoker with push button ignition, infinite control burner valves and handy grease tray with catch pan
- One burner system with piezo ignition
- Rotatable flip funnel for direct and indirect grilling
- WEBER GAS GRILL: BBQ char griller without stand, in stylish original design. Grill features porcelain-enamelled cast iron cooking grates, cast aluminium body and removable catch pan drip tray
- WEBER GAS BARBEQUE GRILL: Easy to use and clean outdoor cooking stove. Gas BBQ grill oven and Weber smoker with push button ignition, infinite control burner valves and glass-reinforced nylon legs
- TRU-Infrared Cooking System - cooks food evenly, with less flare-ups to give up to 50% juicier food and uses up to 30% less gas
- Stainless steel burners - strong, durable burners that are built to last.
- Portable Gas Cooking - Plancha bbq grill with four stainless steel burners gives even heat distribution. Use in the garden, travel or camping trips.
- Cook Delicious - Plancha cooking uses low-fat, high-heating cooking with no flare-ups. Ideal for all kinds of food such as eggs, pancakes, sausages, salmon, steak, vegetables and so much more.
A gas barbeque is an excellent addition to any garden, patio or outdoor space, offering the convenience of quick, efficient cooking and the delicious taste of grilled food. As a couple who loves cooking on a gas barbecue, finding the perfect model that suits your needs is essential. In this buyer’s guide, we’ll explore the factors to consider when choosing a gas BBQ to help you make an informed decision.
Gas BBQ Buyer’s Guide
- Number of Burners: Gas BBQs have varying burners, usually ranging from two to six or more. The number of burners you’ll need depends on the size of your gatherings and the types of food you plan to cook. A two- or three-burner BBQ may suffice for smaller groups or simpler meals. Consider a model with four or more burners for larger gatherings or elaborate dishes to provide greater flexibility and cooking space.
- Cooking Area: Assess the size of the cooking area concerning your needs. A larger cooking area allows you to cook more food simultaneously, making catering to a bigger group easier. However, a larger BBQ will also require more space in your garden or patio, so ensure you have ample room for your chosen model.
- Heat Output: The heat output of a gas BBQ is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) per hour. A higher BTU rating indicates a more powerful BBQ capable of reaching higher temperatures and cooking food faster. Consider the heat output with the types of food you plan to cook and your desired cooking speed.
- Build Quality and Materials: The build quality and materials used in the construction of the BBQ play a crucial role in its durability and performance. Look for models made from stainless steel or cast aluminium, which are more robust and rust-resistant. Additionally, ensure the BBQ has sturdy legs or a stable base for safe cooking.
- Grill Grates: The grill grates are an essential part of any BBQ, affecting the quality of the food cooked. Look for grates made from cast iron or stainless steel, as these materials provide excellent heat retention and distribution, ensuring evenly cooked food. Cast iron grates require regular maintenance to prevent rust, while stainless steel grates are generally easier to clean and maintain.
- Additional Features: Some gas BBQs offer extra features like side burners, rotisserie kits, or built-in temperature gauges that can enhance your cooking experience. Consider whether these additional features are important and worth the added cost
- Size: People often shop for the right-sized BBQ based on how many people they want to cook for. So if you are like me, imagine cooking for the hoards and buying a four-burner Gas BBQ that won’t fit in your shed! So when considering the size of the Gas BBQ, you also want to think of where you will store the BBQ. Also, view the cooking space you have…you need room to cook safely at the BBQ. A 2-burner or portable gas BBQ is better with a small garden. Most gas BBQs come with 2-burners, 3-burners or 4-burner options.
- Storage and Portability: If you plan to store your BBQ during the off-season or move it around your outdoor space, look for models with storage cabinets, side shelves, and wheels for added convenience.
- Fuel Type: Gas BBQs can run on either propane or natural gas. Propane is typically more portable and readily available, while natural gas requires a dedicated gas line and professional installation. Consider your fuel preferences and the availability of each type in your area before deciding.
- Price and Warranty: Finally, evaluate the cost of the gas BBQ and the warranty provided by the manufacturer. A longer warranty period usually indicates better quality and durability. Be prepared to invest in a high-quality BBQ for long-lasting performance and satisfaction.
Considering these factors, you and your hubby can find the perfect gas BBQ that suits your needs and enhances your outdoor cooking experience. Happy grilling!
Review of 10 Best Gas BBQs
Available in a 3 or 4 burner option this is a best in class Gas BBQ. Comes on portable stand with side gas burner & storage cupboard. Electric ignition, long lasting stainless steel burners & patented charcoal cook tray means you can make it a CHARCOAL BBQ in under 60 seconds!
- COST – it got everything a WEBER BBQ has at half the price
- Patented charcoal cook tray so you can switch to authentic Charcoal BBQ in 60 seconds
- Hood mounted temp gauge – monitor heat in grill without opening hood
- Extra side burner for sauces etc
- Small & Compact stand-on wheels for easy transport/storage
- 5-year warranty
- The building takes a few hours, so ask a friend to help!
- Covers can break after a few months
- 4 Burner Gas BBQ for the price of a 3 Burner
- Includes a cast iron Griddle
- 2 part grill allows for paella & pizza cooking
- Steel lid helps with indirect grilling when closed
- Folding shelf for extra workspace & bbq tool hangers
- Heats to 250 deg with even heat technology to avoid hot spots
- The lid isn’t enamelled, unlike WEBER
- Customers found drip trays close to burners and can cause smoking
- Easy to put together
- Small, compact gas BBQ but cooks a complete meal
- Variable temp control on the gas burner
- Looks so cool and packs down small for storage
- Enjoy 10 year Weber Guarantee
- Not portable – works off patio gas bottles, not camping gas bottles
- No hood temp gauge
- NO wheels on stand – have to lift to pack away
- Quick to build with one person
- Lovely wood stand with wheels (easy to move)
- Electric ignition
- Two good size folding side tables for extra prep space
- Variable heat dials are easy to use
- Includes large griddle plate – perfect for meat & veg!
- NO hood, so can BBQ with differed heat (like an oven)
- Open bottle storage (no cupboard)
- NO temp gauge, so there is more guesswork on the heat
- NO warming plate
- It looks like the business for the neighbours! with four burners & side burner
- In-hood temp gauge
- Pre-designed layout options
- Domain names & professional email
- Video Backgrounds
- Site stats
- Gas Tube & regulator not included!
- CUSTOMS CHARGES….yes, this is imported from OUTSIDE UK, so you get charged extra!
- 2 Man (or Woman) job to assemble
- No Griddle – you can use a frying pan on it instead!
- Some customers reported the heat drops when food added
- Long-lasting BBQ – some customers had the last 12 years!
- Unique funnel system prevents Fat/Water drains away from burners to stop flare-ups/rot.
- Direct & indirect cooking options – means more time with guests
- Cook a whole chicken or joint of meat with no problem under the hood
- Built-in thermometer to the hood
- Electric ignition
- Customers say some screws etc., can be missing from the pack
- 3 BURNER BBQ with warming rack will quickly cook for 15-plus people
- Wheeled trolley with collapsable side table makes it smaller for storage
- Enjoy 10 year Weber Guarantee
- Twin heat pipes make for even heating over the grill
- Lightweight at under 100lb
- Side burner for sauces etc., utensils hook, hood thermometer & more
- It takes two people to assemble
- Plastic wheels can break, customers said, after a few years
- It looks like a SMOKER, but IT ISN’T, don’t miss buy!
- Instructions hard to follow for assembly
- Small enough to use for camping
- It works on LPG cartridges, so portable
- You can make a PIZZA on it with the excellent multi-function grill plate
- Cool touch handle for no burns
- With hood does direct & indirect cooking
- Disposable grease management system
- You always need to carry a spare LPG canister
- Small gas canister. But you can’t have everything!
- Fab-looking BBQ!
- TRU-Infrared Cooking System – for juicer food & less flare-up!
- It has a grill AND griddle, with a warming rack, so there is lots of cook space!
- Double shelves for extra work space but packs down small for storage
- Stainless steel burners for long last
- Electric ignition, hood temp gauge & under bbq cupboard to store gas
- No extra side burner (warm the pan on the grill instead!)
- Won’t fit a standard 13 KG gas bottle!
- It needs making up before use! It can take 2 hours
- Huge grill for all those cookouts
- Portable for caravanning BBQs & camping trips
- Easy to clean griddle with wipe down & removable drip tray
- No flare-ups!
- Electric ignition for safety
- Enamel coating so food won’t stick!
- Not going to give a smokey bbq flavour
Frequently Asked Questions about Gas BBQs
What is the difference between direct and indirect cooking on a gas BBQ?
Direct heat and direct cooking on a gas BBQ mean dad (or mum) standing in the apron and cooking and turning the food! It takes up your time, but if you love to be the King of the BBQ, then this is how you want to cook!
For hubby and I, we are ALL about having a bbq to have fun with guests, so we love the indirect cooking feature of a Gas BBQ. Just heat the BBQ to the temperature you need with the lid down (watch that in the lid temp gauge), then wack on food, shut the top, and BOOM, have fun.
Set a clock, so you go back for food at the right time, but with indirect bbq cooking, you don’t need to turn food etc., as it acts as an oven does.
How to clean a Gas BBQ?
I prefer never to clean the BBQ, but they rot if your burners and base get fat and water from cooking on them. So firstly, look for a Gas BBQ that’s easy to take apart for cleaning.
I like to heat the bbq and scratch down the grill plates with a cleaner, then take them in the house and soak and clean them.
For the burners, we heat it and hope that’s the fat burning off! once a month, I go wild, and jet washes the entire BBQ…yes, it can be done, and let it dry in the sun. It hasn’t harmed it yet!
And for the fat plate, empty it after each use, so you don’t start a fire when cooking!
How to light a BBQ?
Honestly, get a BBQ with an electric ignition where you can! Safer, cleaner and less likely to end up with you becoming a human fireball.
It sounds dramatic, but people suffer horrific burns from BBQ lighter fuel accidents. If you light a Gas BBQ by hand (sometimes the electric gas bbq ignition fails), use the long stem matches to avoid burns.
What BBQ Essentials do I need?
You will want a well-fitting BBQ Cover – no point buying an expensive Gas BBQ and having it rot in the sunlight and rain! Given the windy UK, also make sure it can be tied on…we have had so many blows!
BBQ cooking tools wise – you want BBQ tongs (avoid the burnt fingers), Spatulas (yes, more than one as I always lose them) and a fork to rescue stuff that falls under the grill.
Sure, if you want to look at the BBQ Daddy (or mummy!), then an apron too, but ditch the BBQ chef hat as that’s too dorky!
How to pick the Best Gas BBQ
When looking for the Best Gas BBQ, you want to consider a few key points and these are:
Price – What’s the budget for your Gas BBQ?
Size – How many people will you cook for, and what storage space do you have?
Add-ons – think griddles, gas ring burners, side panels etc
How much should I spend on a Gas BBQ?
How much you spend on a Gas BBQ can range from a hundred pounds for a hotplate gas BBQ to a thousand for a Multi Burner Family Sized Gas BBQ.
How much you spend will depend on your budget and the size of BBQ you need – is it a small portable gas bbq or a family grill you want?
One piece of advice is to see this as an investment piece and buy one from a reputable brand such as Campingaz or Weber where you can. We also recommend a newer brand Char-Broil which is becoming a family favourite BBQ UK-wide with its authentic American Style Gas BBQ.
Also, check the warranty you get with your Gas BBQ – sure, they shouldn’t go wrong, but with an investment like this, a guarantee is always a good idea. Some top BBQ makers, like Char-Broil, offer a 5-year BBQ Warranty for peace of mind!
Add Ons for your Gas BBQ
Do you want a griddle for your Gas BBQ or a shelf for keeping things warm?
You can get plenty of useful little extras on any size gas BBQ. From retractable work surfaces to give you more cooking space to thermometers in the hood. I am a massive fan of the extra gas ring in our Weber Gas BBQ – it’s brilliant for cooking onions, making sauces or reheating baked beans.
It’s always a good idea to look for a deal on your gas BBQ that includes a BBQ cover to protect your investment from the elements. Also, some of the higher-end BBQs come with cleaning tools.
Also, to keep food safe whilst cooking, why not check out our range of plastic food containers?
Now whilst we are talking extras, you need somewhere to eat the food, so check out our best picnic benches here.
Have we reviewed your Best Gas BBQ here? Do you agree with us on the review? If you have anything to add, please add it in the comments. If you have the best Gas BBQ to recommend, drop us a line!
Last update on 2023-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.