As BBQ lovers we are always hoping for the good weather to come so we can cook alfresco – but what if you could BBQ in any weather?
If you aren’t a BBQ purist then think about getting the best electric BBQ (also called raclette or teppanyaki grill!). Weber & Char Broil both make their own high-end electric BBQs so the market for these is growing. For caravaning holidays where you have electric on the pitch these are the perfect caravanning BBQs.
- Small & compact
- Zero charcoal or gas fumes
- Can be used inside if weather turns (as often happens in the UK)
- Often allowed in apartment blocks etc where traditional BBQs are banned
- Safe – no gas leaks or fire risks
- Cooks food more evenly with instant & controllable heat
In short cooking on an electric BBQ means well cooked food, in a fraction of the time and you can even BBQ indoors if needed! We have reviewed the best electric BBQs in detail below, however if you are in a rush you can see the top performers here:
- Quick and easy grilling
- Barbecue wherever you want
- Cooks up to 15 portions of food, suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Non-stick easy clean removable plates
- CERASURE+ COATING: Superior non-stick coating requires little to no oil so you lose the fat, not the flavour
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Its simple to use control features an indicator light that lets you know when the grill has reached the perfect temperature, for precise grilling results
- Make a new kind of cheese dish with our raclette grill. Cook up meats, veggies, seafood, and more with melted cheese – all in one unit!
- Simple and portable social dining that lets everyone pick what they want from the grill and drizzle their cheese on top, or just dip their items in their cheese pan.
- INDOOR SMOKELESS GRILL: This smokeless grill uses advanced airflow technology and built-in range hood, which greatly reduces the smoke generated during grilling, allowing you to enjoy the flavor of outdoor charcoal grilling indoors.
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Grill plates, drip tray, collection pan and glass lid are dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning. Tip: Plesae DO NOT use the steel wool or abrasive cleaners to clean the grill.
- 【HEALTHIER & LOW-FAT EATING】Do you worry about too many fat you are eating when enjoy the BBQ food?Our table grill can solve it.As the surface is non-stick,the benefit is you can cook with little oil or no oil,and any grease which may come from your food when cooking started will be drained into the drip tray,making eating healthier and cleaning easier.
- 【JOIN IN COOKING TOGETHER】The surface area of our grill measures 90 x 23cm,large enough to cook a meal for a home entertaining and friends gathering,besides, it supplied with 8 free wooden spatulas and 2 egg rings,each person can enjoy a happy cooking experience at dinner time!
- 2 IN 1 – Our Schallen is extremely versatile fitted with both a grill and hot plate griddle.
- EASY TO CLEAN – the non-stick plates make this grilling machine easy to clean, simply clean with one wipe.
- Performance: The pot has two purposes, whether it is a barbecue pot or a hot pot. Strong firepower, less smoke, no stickiness, smooth edges, anti-scaling, independent of temperature control. Adjustable temperature grill, dual control switch, hot pot and grill are controlled separately. Fast heating, high firepower, fast heat conduction and uniform heating. The non-stick coating is easy to clean and can be directly rinsed with a tap (the water at the entrance can be reused when it is dry).
- Ventilation hole design: There is a heat dissipation hole at the bottom of the pot body, which can dissipate heat in time, and can be used safely without burning. The bottom heat dissipation design speeds up the heat dissipation.
- TRU-Infrared Cooking System - cooks food evenly to give up to 50% juicier food.
- Cast Aluminium Lid and Firebox - Distinctive and durable design.
To get the best electric bbq you want to consider a few points when buying so you can narrow down from the huge selection!
When buying an electric grill the features I think you need to consider are:
- Size – how many are you cooking for
- Grates – Look for long lasting
- Electricity Consumption
- Added Extras – Timer, Grill tools, Lid for indirect cooking…
Size of Electric BBQ
One of the biggest benefits of moving to an electric BBQ is the size compared to the Gas BBQ or Charcoal BBQs. These bbq grills are perfect for cooking for a small family or if you live in an appartmnet block where traditional BBQs are banned.
When looking at size to choose the best electric BBQ consider:
- What are you cooking?
- How many people you’re cooking/feeding?
- What storgage or cooking space do you have?
Table top electric bbq grills will cook a single dinner for a couple of family of up to five we have found! (we love raclette dinners in the winter)
The freestanding electric bbq can cook for up to 10 people max
Grilling surfaces range from in size but look its easy to work out bigger the bbq hot plate the more you can cook for!
Grate of Electric BBQ
Buy cheap buy twice has always been my mothers motto! And its the same for buying any type of BBQ or picnic ware. You want the bbq grills to last so look for a solid cast iron grill or a stainless steel one.
The best type of electric bbq grill grates I think are stainless steel ones as they don’t rust or corrode.
Electric consumption of Electric BBQ
The power wattage/rating of an electric bbq directly impacts the temperature range (how high it can go) and the length of time it takes to cook.
If you want to cook quickly (maybe for masses of people in a sitting) look for a high wattage electric BBQ so you have one capable of the higher temperature.
To get the sear marks every bbq expert LOVES you need a grill that can get to over 200 ℃
Added Extras For Electric BBQs
Lets be honest the bext electric bbqs all have those added little extras. For ease of cooking looking for a BBQ Grill that has a timer and Lid so you can contact grill with it (contact grilling speeds up the cook time).
A free cover is always a sweetener when choosing the perfect bbq, alongside free forks or tongs and grill tools.
If you are getting the long teppanyaki style indoor electric BBQs then look for ones that have the covered pan/dish as well.